Monday, September 08, 2008

Sponsors welcome -

UPDATE FOR SPONSORS -
1st payment has been made, and I have until October 15 to raise the remaining $400.00. So incase you were wondering what to get me for my "sweet 16" - lol.

Hey everybody – it’s me – Mercedes!
I am a Sophomore at Willow Canyon HS this year and turning 16 very soon! Yea!
I am playing Volleyball on the JV team this year – Being left handed is my secret weapon, LOL.
Anyway – why am I randomly writing to you? Well along with Volleyball, I am also in the Wildcat Marching Band! This is a very serious program (so stop laughing) and a lot is expected of us. You might remember my mom sending everyone she knew an email to watch for me in the ½ time show of the Super Bowl earlier this year- although we didn’t play our instruments in that Bowl game, we get a second chance! This December, our band will be going to San Diego to participate and PLAY in the ½ time show for the Holiday Bowl! We will also be taking part in workshops, and the Holiday Bowl Parade! We get to go to Sea World as well and hang out with the other bands playing in the ½ time show. It will be 5 days of hard work and tons of fun. The field will be full and it is going to be so awesome. Check out the promo video here – www.bgaevents.org/bgawebsite/marchingBands/video_player.asp?id=12
We have been asked to find personal sponsors to help us earn money for the trip. Total trip cost is just under $1000.00 and the 1st payment is due Sept 15! Yikes, I know!! So, I am writing to let you know of our plans and if you would like to help sponsor me, any amount will be greatly appreciated! (make checks to Jenni Taylor)
Also, 2 other fundraisers that are free and go into the general band fund are
Good search – This is a search engine – use just like you would use Google – only Type in "Willow Canyon High School Band" and for every “search” we get a penny! Go to www.goodsearch.com/ And let the searching begin, LOL.
Finally –escrip - go to www.escrip.com/ to "sign up"Type in “Willow Canyon High School Band” (caps important)
Our Group ID# 500001578Register your grocery store club cards from a participating merchant-- and your debit, ATM and Credit cards if you wish. That's it! Visit escrip merchants when you shop. Our band gets a percent - It's automatic!
Whew – well thanks for reading and helping me out, I know the September deadline is close, but remember if you live in AZ you have $400.00 in AZ Tax Credit you can donate as a married couple (haha) just kidding, but the school will send out receipts for your taxes. (Arizona Residents – make checks to Willow Canyon HS Band)Thanks again – I really appreciate your support! Go WILDCATS!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hi Mercedes! The Check (as they say) is in the mail. I hope I can angle my way down to AZ this year to shoot one of your band competitions.