Friday, February 13, 2009

Arizona Snow! Happy Valentine's Day

Does it snow in Arizona? Well yes it does! At least if you drive far enough North and reach the mountains! We decided to call a Family Fun Day - we pulled the kids out of school and headed to Strawberry for a little snow tubing! What a blast! despite a little whining, and totally awesome wipe outs - fun was had by all! Here are some pictures and a video to show the fun! Dowlin loves the snow - this is his normal - "Stud" pose. He's gonna see plenty of the white stuff in Rexburg, ID!


Mercedes was king of the tube for the day - no matter who she went down with she always stayed in the tube! Although she did say her pants were loaded with snow!


Brittney was looking good on the hill - She couldn't keep her hat on though - funniest run of the day for Brittney was with Mercedes - they were almost at the bottom of the hill and Brittney's hat popped off, she turned to find it and next thing you know she was tumbling like one of Grandpa Ross's rock tumblers!

Zachery had the most fun playing on the smaller hill, and eating snow with Olivia! He just doesn't have enough flubber on him to keep warm for long, lol


This is one of the first steps out of the Van. The snow was pretty deep here and it's a little freaky to sink up to your knees. Olivia wanted to be carried! Mercedes was the sucker, lol


Late in the day, Dowlin and Mercedes decided to carve their own path! They hiked in belly deep snow across the peak to start their own trail. Dowlin said Mercedes kept saying, "Just go on without me, Just let me die here" It took several trips down this new path before they got this run out of it!


After hiking to the top off the hill, nearly having a heart attack, I decided it was my turn to go down... Dowlin and I got on our tube, linked arms and held on for dear life! All was going well until about mid way down...the tube hit a bump or something and spun us around, then we were going down backwards! Before we knew what hit us - there was nothing but white! I think I know what an avalanche feels like! I'm not sure how many back flips over and over we did, but as we were tumbling both Dowlin and I thought about my hip, and how I certainly broke my 90degree restriction! Dowlin says his exact thoughts were as follows - "OH crap! Mom's hip, Mom's hip!" "Hmmm, I wonder if the Ambulance will be able to reach me on this mountain?" "Crap, Mom's hip!" When we stopped - We were both sprawled out over the hill dead still for IDK how long! I had to claw at my eyes and blow my nose to clear the snow away! Then I couldn't stop laughing! I looked up to see Dowlin about 10 feet from me, glasses kiddywampas, trying to decide if he was going to be paralyzed for life or if he should move! I crawled over to him and tried to turn him as his head was down hill - we finally decided we were ok - I looked up the hill to see Dean coming down as fast as he could to check on us! He stopped about halfway! We got up and our tube was at the bottom of the hill - as I began to climb away - I noticed my sunglasses about 5 feet from where I had landed. Thankfully we were both ok - it was Hilarious!


Here we are Recovering

This is Olivia's big run of the day! She was much happier playing with the beach toys in the snow - lol. After the terror left her eyes she was fine! Enjoy the video!

1 comment:

Malie said...

Holy Schmokes! I was worried that Dean was gonna wipe out with your baby there! Looks like so much fun!