Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dowlin Takes the Title!

As I mentioned February is Family Month around here! We have had our 2nd group of visitors! Scott & Abby & Connor came to visit over Presidents Day weekend. We went to Kyle and Kara's house Saturday for some visiting and family fun & food at the park! We played Wiffle ball and obvioulsy "The Winners" team won! lol On Sunday, they all headed to Surprise to join us for Sacrament Meeting & another enjoyable day of visiting, food & napping. You know what they say, a family that naps together... IDK, it just sounded funny. There were bodies everywhere - Before dinner, just like kids will do, we were looking for something fun to "DO". Finally Scott came up with an idea - Indian leg Wrestling! This was a little gem we used to do when we were younger. Kyle always winning because he was so much bigger than me! IDK - maybe he just cried more so I let him win, lol. Anyway, on this day, Scott challenged Kraig...won. Feeling confident Scott challenged Kyle...lost! Although I have to say it was so funny to watch. Kyle was King of leg wrestling! Well, Being a Taylor - and not wanting to be out done, I did what anyone would do... I sacrificed my first born. Ha ha ha! He looked at me like I had just grown a 2nd head when I suggested he wrestle Kyle. See, just a couple of weeks before in FHE - Dowlin and I had Indian Leg Wrestled and despite my crying wolf 1X when I thought I was going to snap my neck - I flipped Dowlin a time or 2! Anyway Dowlin lined up next to Kyle...the room was thick with anticipation! "One...Two...Three" The legs locked there was a moment when both guys were doing the spits in mid air - then SNAP - the champion flipped over! the crowd went WILD! Kyle, stunned, crawled over to Dowlin and said 1 word... "Again" - Now if you don't know my brother, let me tell you he can be intimidating! He was a police officer for 20 yrs and has the "Go ahead... make my day" look down to perfection! lol. They lined up for round two... "One...Two...Three" splits, flip! DOWLIN IS THE NEW WILSON FAMILY INDIAN LEG WRESTLING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! It was so much fun to see Scott, Abby & Connor again! And although we live only 1.5 hours from Kyle - we don't see them enough either! What a wonderful weekend! I'll post more pictures as I get them. Love you boys! Enjoy the video!

2 comments:

Matt said...

The crowd goes wild! (I could take you.)

Dean and Jenni said...

Dowlin just totally let out a huge puff of air - sounded like a challenge Matt - LOL