Monday, May 25, 2009

AHHH KANSAS!

Well School was out on Thursday and we spent Friday packing our bags - the 5 kids and I hit the open road...Kansas or bust!

Well as if it were that simple! Haha - We were towing Dowlin's truck behind the van and of all the days we prayed for rain in AZ why did Saturday have to be the rainiest day of the year?
We stayed in Tucumcari, New Mexico, which was about 1/2 way... I just can't re-live the memories of the drive! So let me just say it took 22.5 hours!
You would think I might pull over and take some momentous photos.. Hell NO! Just get us out of the car! I was so tired of hearing "I gotta Pee!" Lol

We made it though - Let the fun begin!

Henry, Payton, Olivia, Kenton & Caden

Memorial Day - Taleen's kids came over for a BBQ and to play. The adults played a riveting game of Botchi Ball (sorry spelling) while the kids played in the yard and blew bubbles. Olivia fell in love with Taleens swing while we were there and HAD to be pushed 1000X a day!

Payton, Missy & Olivia
All Olivia wanted to do was play dress up with her cousin Payton! All of the little kids got along so well!

Kenton, Caden, Henry & Olivia

Payton, Caden & Olivia

Olivia LOVED her cousins...I just didn't have the heart to tell her that the old bald guys who brought the kids over were actually her cousins... Haha - just kidding Jay n Dev! It was a bit chillier than we are used to... notice Payton in her cute summer sleeveless top... Olivia sweat shirt zipped to the top - Haha AZ girl!

I have to say the thing that struck me the biggest in these first few days was how much everything had grown up! It was so GREEN! It was rainy and cool and so Green! It was beautiful! Reminded me a lot of those WA days growing up!

No comments: