Sunday, June 07, 2009

All in All

All in All it was a Fabulous trip!
We went to the Kaw River Ward on Sunday and saw many of our friends from Church...Wish we could have had another Sunday to see the Indian Creek Ward friends too!
Our Friend, Elder Paul Heath took this picture for us ;-)
As the 2 weeks came to a close...and we repacked the bags and the van, I was excited to get back home but dreading the journey to get there! I was having to do all of the driving this way alone. Our reason for the trip in the first place was to take Dowlin to KS to work for the Summer. He is trying to save for College and a Mission and had a job lined up... So as excited as I was to be going home to Dean... I was leaving part of my heart behind in KS.
Although I know every nearly 19 yr old boy needs to cut the apron strings, I will miss Dowlin terribly! And knowing that I have left him in good hands living at Taleen and Ken's and surrounded by loads of family and friends helps. But you know...I was kinda thinking this 1st step away from home should kinda make him suffer a little and appreciate the things he had a home a little more - LOL Right! He is working hard, but I doubt anyone who has ever been to Taleen's house has ever suffered! Oh well - like I said, he is in good hands! Thank you to ALL of the Family!
We had a wonderful time! Wish we could do it every year - but I think it is your turn to come to AZ :-)

No comments: